Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Mexican Cookie Rings
Try this nice Mexican dessert recipe...the amazing Mexican Cookie Rings !
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 3 egg yolks
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 tablespoons multicolored sprinkles (jimmies) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Mix in the dry ingredients.
4. Shape into 1 inch balls. Push your thumb through center of each ball and shape dough into a ring. Dip top of each ring in decorating candies. Place cookies onto the prepare baking sheets.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheets and let cool on racks. The Mexican dessert recipe is ready ! Nice one...enjoy it !