Try this Mexican dessert recipe..Churros ...a classic Mexican's
* 1 cup (250 mL) water
* 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
* 1 tbs (15 mL) granulated sugar
* 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
* 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour
* 2 eggs
* oil for deep frying
Cinnamon sugar topping:
* 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
* 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, add the flour all at once and cook, stirring, until the batter sticks together and comes away from the sides of the saucepan. Remove from heat and let cool for a minute or two. Add the eggs and beat with an electric mixer until the dough is smooth and well blended. The dough will be fairly thick.
2. Pour enough oil into a deep fryer, electric skillet or wok to a depth of at least 2 inches (5 cm). Preheat to 375 degrees F (190degrees C).
3. Spoon the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch (0.5 cm) star-shaped tip. (The ridges make the churros nice and crisp – but if you only have a round tip, you can use that instead.) When the oil reaches the right temperature, pipe out 2 to 3-inch (5 to 7-cm) lengths of dough directly into the hot oil, leaving plenty of room between them so that they can cook evenly.
4. Fry until golden brown on all sides -- 3 to 4 minutes, approximately. Remove from oil, drain briefly on paper towel, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar topping. Repeat with the remaining
5. Serve churros as soon as possible after frying.
And this great mexican dessert is ready to serve...hmm..nice 1