- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Wafer Crumbs (about 42 wafers)
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 (5 ounces) package Chocolate Cook and Serve Pudding and Pie
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon sliced Almonds, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine crumbs and melted butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.Meanwhile, combine pudding mix, cocoa and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan; stir in milk. Cook pudding mixture according to package directions for pie. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract. Pour cooked filling into cooled baked crust. Cover; refrigerate until set (3 to 4 hours).
Meanwhile, beat whipping cream in large bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in powdered sugar. Refrigerate until serving time.To serve, dollop each slice of pie with whipped cream. Garnish with almond slices, if desired. And the Mexican dessert is ready for feasts...nice taste of chocolate pie ! Enjoy it !