Biscochitos II ..another great Mexican dessert recipes to try !
* 1 cup shortening
* 1 cup margarine
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon anise extract
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 6 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup wine
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix together shortening, margarine and sugar with a mixture until well blended. Mix in the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
3. Roll out on a floured board to 1/2 or 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 10 - 12 minutes. Garnish as desired or leave plain. The Mexican dessert recipe is ready to serve...nice one !