Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies
Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies ...a must try Mexican dessert recipe to try !
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup ground pecans
* 1/2 cup German sweet chocolate, grated
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 pinch salt
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 cup German sweet chocolate, grated
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ground pecans, 1/2 cup ground chocolate, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
6. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cookies are firm to the touch. Cool 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
7. For the coating, sift 1/2 cup of the confectioner's sugar and 1/4 cup of the ground cocoa into a shallow bowl. While cookies are still warm, roll them in the coating. The Mexican dessert recipe is ready to serve..Hmm...nice taste of Mexican cookies ! Great !