Saturday, November 5, 2011
Bunuelos ..a great Mexican dessert recipes...!
MEXICAN DESSERT RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 4 eggs
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
MEXICAN DESSERT RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. In a large bowl combine eggs with 1/4 cup sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored. Add the oil. Combine separately 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Gradually add this to the egg mixture and beat well.
2. Turn dough out onto a floured board (use remaining 1/2 cup flour) and knead thoroughly until dough is smooth.
3. Shape dough into sixteen balls. Roll each one into a circle about 5 inches in diameter. Let stand uncovered on waxed paper for about 10 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a deep fry pan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry circles until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Store airtight. Nice taste ! Enjoy it !